The Day of the Dead collection from Nike has become one of the most fun ones they put out every year. This month will already see the release of the Air Jordan 1 Zoom CMFT 2 and the Nike Dunk Low. Now, official pictures have shown that the “Día de Muertos” line will be twice as big as the Blazer Mid 77 and the Air Max 1.
Following the same style as the AJ1 and Dunk, the Blazer Mid 77 has gold accents all over the shoe. But the Blazer has a white leather body instead of those sneakers. Gold spots cover a black Swoosh and mustache, and the gold embroidery on the side of the heel looks like the Moon and stars instead of the hummingbird that was on the other kicks. The mark shows up again on one of two pink insoles that don’t match. The other one says “Familia” and has a special Swoosh design on it. Then, the standard Nike logo shows up in pink on the tongue tag. Off-white details and a cream sole finish off the look.
Even more different is the Air Max 1, which is more like the Zoom Pegasus 40 and a different Air Max 1 that came out for Nike’s “Familia” Latino Heritage Month collection. The color pink is even stronger on this AM1 because it covers the whole top and flows into the midsole in a gradient. After that, bright colors are used for embroidery all over, making flowers and other designs in the style of papel picado, which is a traditional Mexican art made by cutting tissue paper into very small pieces and then sewing them together.
Including hummingbirds and marigolds shows how important they are in Day of the Dead mythology. Birds represent the souls of the dead coming back to life, and marigolds are placed to help them find ofrendas, or altars.
The “Día de Muertos” Blazer Mid 77 and Air Max 1 don’t have a release date yet, but one should be coming soon since the other two shoes are set to drop on October 21. These two sneakers, on the other hand, will come out in men’s sizes instead of women’s. The AM1 will cost $160 and the Blazer will cost $120.
Nike.com now has similar shoes for sale.
Shoes Nike Air Max 270
- Buy Now at Nike Air Max 270 Shoes $160 Nike
- This is the Nike Blazer Mid ’77.
- The Air Max 1 and Blazer add to Nike’s Day of the Dead sneaker line.
- outwear News gave it to us.
- Buy Now at $105 Nike Blazer Mid ’77 Shoes Nike
- About the Author: Ian Servantes writes about sneakers as a Senior Trending News Editor for Footwear News.
- He started out writing about pop culture and now writes about streetwear and shoes for Input and Highsnobiety. Because “ball is life” to him, it doesn’t bother him when his kicks get dirty.